Tuesday, October 14, 2008

No Air In Here

We have a Rheem air conditioner, and we just moved in about two months ago. Earlier this week, we noticed that while we set our thermostat on about 76, it has not changed the temperature in our home, which remains about 88 degrees. I checked the thermostat, and it's fine. I changed the air filter, and turned the electricity at the circuit breaker on and off, like the thermostat's website suggested. It's not cooling our house, and I'm at a loss as to what to do now. Is there anything else I can do to fix the problem, or do I need to call in a professional repair firm? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.


You need to go outside and see if the outdoor unit is running, check the breakers or fuses. If you feel comfortable tell me what you find otherwise call a reputable company for service. There are many possibilities but I need more information to help. It could be as simple as a loose wire or as complex as a pc board bad.

No comments: