Thursday, September 25, 2008

Another successful Do It Yourselfer

Sport
Need Help Please Central AC Wires Burning
Noticing my air blowing warm I checked the outside unit. And the 3 wires that connect to my tank (I think my compressor) have burned off completely at the connection. The wires are Red, Black and Yellow. I think a lizard got caught between them so it shorted them out. So I replaced the connectors and AC started up fine. But after about 6 hour AC went out again. I check and its the same thing. Please anything else I can look for or do. really don't have the money for a repairman at this time. Thanks Below are Pictures so you can see and help a little easier.

If you use regular wire terminations they will burn up again it is just a matter of time. You need to purchase compressor wire terminations. Termlok is one brand name, there are others. Go to an HVAC supply house near you pick up terminations and rewire. After you get it wired right replace the contactor and capacitor (cheap insurance) and then clean your outdoor coil and you should be fine, good luck.

I took your advices and everything seem to work out fine. I went to United Refrigeration Inc and purchased the Termlok Connector repair kit (which came with the wires, connector pins with screws) for 34.99. I cleaned the compressor pins of any corrosion (being careful) and connected everthing checking it twice Thanks again for all your help, saved alot of money and headache with waiting on a repair. Thanks again.

No comments: